The KU Powwow and Indigenous Cultures Festival is presented by the KU First Nations Student Association in partnership with the Lied Center of Kansas, Haskell Cultural Center and Museum, Spencer Museum of Art, KU Office of Diversity and Equity and KU Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- 11:00 am – FNSA Tipi Unveiling
- 11:30 am – Mural Unveiling
- 12:00 pm & 5:00 pm – Powwow 101 (Pavilion)
- 12:00–5:00 pm – Children’s Activities (outside)
- 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm – Powwow Grand Entry (Auditorium)
- 1:30 pm–4:30 pm – Educational Seminars (Pavilion)
- 4:00 pm – “Identity by Design” inspired by Smithsonian Nmai
Vendor applications are due by March 15, 2019.
This event is free. No tickets are required.
Authentic native foods will be available for purchase.