Work at the Lied Center!
Now Hiring KU Students for Backstage, Front-of-House & Ticket Office
Student Technical Crew
Apply @ https://employment.ku.edu/pool-student-technical-crew/22385br
Contact: Hillary McPherson, Assistant Technical Director • email@example.com
Positions available on the Student Technical Crew for the Lied Center, which is a presenting venue on West Campus. The Lied Center is host to professional music, dance and theatrical tours, University ensembles and organizations, and Community events.
Members of the Student Technical Crew are responsible for assisting with the set-up, running and tear-down of Lied Center events. Students will be asked to hang and focus lights, change lamps, repair cables, run lighting consoles, move curtains, load and unload counterweight arbors, set-up and strike acoustical shell and large music ensembles, set up and run audio systems, set up and run cameras, run video projections, lay dance floor, sweep & mop, launder & press costumes, clean up production areas as needed and help repair and maintain all equipment and otherwise support the technical aspects of the facility with the supervision of full-time technical staff.
No experience required. Training provided.
- Students will work as part of a team (50+ crew) and be expected to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to adhere to an online-based scheduling system.
- Must be able to follow directions diligently.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, timely and consistent manner using email correspondence.
- Must have a flexible schedule and work well with others.
Student Events Assistant
Apply @ https://employment.ku.edu/student-events-assistant/22006br
Contact: Kim Spencer, Box Office & Events Manager • firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Events Events & Audience Services Assistant has a broad range of responsibilities in event management, client services, patron services, and artist services.
This Assistant is the main point of contact for patrons and clients using the Lied Center during events. They are also responsible for executing detailed event plans, working with rental clients, assisting the Events & Audience Manager and Director in training and supervising volunteers in the Lied Center Usher Corps, and ensuring the safety and comfort of all patrons.
- Opening and closing the building and managing public events.
- Preparing for events: signage; room layouts and seating; technology needs; printed programs, etc.
- Interacting directly with artists and artist staff: setting up and clearing artist hospitality and assisting with inventory of hospitality supplies.
- Interacting with Lied Center staff and outside service providers: ticket office staff, technical services staff, parking attendants, security, concessions, and catering services.
- Handling ticket transactions and Ticket Office customer service.
- Setting up, operating and troubleshooting A/V and presentation equipment: projectors and computers, basic sound, and lighting equipment.
- Managing merchandise sales: setting up sales areas, counting inventory, making sales, handling cash and financial settlements.
- Coordinating and managing volunteer ushers on site: giving detailed usher briefings and assignments, opening and closing doors, managing ticket scanning and will call ticketing.