By Darren Canady
Ontario Was Here, a one-act play created by playwright and KU professor Darren Canady, tells the story of two Kansas City social workers, Penni and Nathan—who are both co-workers and former lovers. When one of Nathan’s clients, a 7-year-old named Ontario, is removed from his charge and given to Penni because Nathan is getting too emotionally involved, battle lines are drawn. When tragedy strikes, Penni and Nathan must confront their guilt and the decisions that have caused their lives to unravel.
- Robert Coppage III, he/him (NATHAN)
- Aishah Ogbeh, she/her (PENNI)
- Teresa Leggard, she/her (Director)
- Alexa Cioffi, she/her (Stage Manager)
- The event is free, but tickets are required.
- Seating in the Pavilion is General Admission.
- Tickets are available for in-person pick up only at the Lied Center Ticket Office (not available by phone or online).
- Limit of two tickets per person.