Updated March 18, 2020
In consideration of the health and safety of our community, and in accordance with the latest social-distancing guidelines from the University of Kansas, the state of Kansas and the CDC, all events at the Lied Center of Kansas are canceled through May 15, 2020.
- March 15 – In My Life: A Musical Theatre Tribute to the Beatles (automatic refunds will be issued for this rental event)
- March 18 – KU Wind Ensemble with Joseph Alessi, trombone
- March 23 & 24 – Houston Person & Emmet Cohen, Just Friends Jazz Series
- March 27 – KU Symphony Orchestra
- March 28 & 29 – Inferno Dance Competition
- April 2 – KU Jazz Ensemble I with Camila Meza, vocals/guitar
- April 3 – Samuel Ramey: An Intimate Evening of Music & Storytelling
- April 9 – ZOFO: One piano, four hands
- April 10 – Ryan McMahon, Anishinaabe comedian
- April 11 – KU Powwow & Indigenous Cultures Festival
- April 14 – KU School of Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony
- April 17 – Candid Camera’s LOL Tour with Peter Funt
- April 19 – Peter Mulvey
- April 20 – Nehemiah Action Assembly Justice Matters
- April 22 – BEAUTIFUL – The Carole King Musical
- April 24 – KU Wind Ensemble
- April 25 – Lawrence Opera Theatre
- April 26 – Sybarite5
- April 28 – KU University Band, Jazz Ensembles II & III
- April 30 – KU Symphonic Band
- May 2 – Sarah’s Studio of Dance Annual Recital
- May 5 – KU Symphony Orchestra
- May 9 – Dance Gallery Recital
- May 12 – Duke TIP Recognition Program
- May 14 – Beatrice Rana, piano
For ticketed events, we will be proactively contacting ticketholders as soon as possible to communicate this update and resolve ticket orders with one of the following options.
- Refund in full
- Credit to account for future event
- Donate the value or your tickets to the Lied Center
The impact of canceling these events due to COVID-19 is significant, and donating the value of your tickets will assist in maintaining the financial health of the Lied Center and the performing arts in our community. With membership levels beginning at $50, you can enjoy these benefits in the 2020–21 Season.
If we are unable to make contact with a ticketholder within 30 days of a specific performance date, we will begin the process to issue an automatic refund, through the original payment method. Cash and check payments will be refunded with a check sent in the mail.
Note about Ticket Office
To implement proper social-distancing practices, the Ticket Office is available only by phone and email during its normal business hours (see below). The Ticket Office windows will be physically closed for the time being, but please don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email with questions and concerns.
Lied Center Ticket Office
Please note: we hope you’ll understand that the phone wait times might be longer than usual due to the volume of patrons who are impacted by the cancellations. If you are experiencing long phone wait times, you can leave a message with your request and contact information, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com at any time.
Note for our Friends of the Lied
Unfortunately, our 2020–21 Season Announcement Party, originally scheduled for May 3, will be impacted as well. We are currently brainstorming and planning ways to move forward with the Season Announcement in some form or fashion. When we have more information, our Friends will be the first to know!
As the situation evolves, we will continue to work with campus and community leaders to evaluate additional measures and impacts. You can check this page for current information.
We are deeply saddened to cancel these performances, but the health and safety of the community and beyond is our top priority. We wish good health for you and your loved ones during these uncertain times, and always.
We sincerely thank you for your continued support.