Updated February 2, 2021
Changes to the 2020–21 season
From all of us at the Lied Center, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy. It has been almost a year since audiences have been inside the Lied Center, and we want to thank you for your support in the new adventures this season. We wish we could see you all in person and watch the power of the performing arts on our stage. However, we must continue to prioritize the health and safety of our patrons, guest artists, volunteers, staff and the entire community. Therefore, the Lied Center Series events originally scheduled through May 2021 have been rescheduled or changed to a virtual format due to the current public health situation.
Please see the “Event Changes” section below for details.
We will continue to offer safe and uplifting performing arts experiences, so be on the lookout for additional virtual programming coming soon as well as new Lied Loves Lawrence: Pop-Up Performances in the spring.
We can’t wait for the day when we can welcome you back to your Lied Center of Kansas. There are so many wonderful events to look forward to in the future. In the meantime, please continue to take care, be safe and wear a mask so we can all gather again soon.
Thank you for your support, flexibility and understanding in this very fluid situation.
Derek Kwan, executive director
Lied Center of Kansas
From all of us at the Lied Center, thank you for your patience and flexibility in this very fluid situation. If you have any questions, please call the Ticket Office at 785-864-2787 or email email@example.com.
Lied Center Ticket Office
Summer hours: weekdays, noon–5:30pm
Currently, the Lied Center Series events originally scheduled through May 2021 have been rescheduled or changed to a virtual format. This page will be updated if there are additional changes.
Please note that for the events noted in gray, the ticket-refund timeframe has expired. Refund requests must be received within 30 days of the originally scheduled performance date.
- SEP 14 & 15 – Sherman Irby Duo > Postponed to a TBD date during the 2021–22 Season
- SEP 18 – The Magic of Bill Blagg Live! > Rescheduled to Friday, SEP 17, 2021
- SEP 20 – Ryan McKinny, bass-baritone > Rescheduled to Sunday, FEB 13, 2022
- SEP 24 – Amy Speace > Rescheduled to Friday, APR 30, 2021
- SEP 27 – The Westerlies > Rescheduled to Saturday, APR 17, 2021
- OCT 4 – Tesla String Quartet with Alexander Fiterstein, clarinet > Rescheduled to Sunday, OCT 17, 2021
- OCT 7 – Amirah Sackett & MR MiC > This performance has changed to a virtual format. Ticketholders will be contacted with more information.
- OCT 14 – Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis > Rescheduled to Wednesday, MAR 10, 2021
- OCT 20 – The Capitol Steps > Rescheduled to Thursday, SEP 23, 2021
- OCT 23 – The Brian McKnight 4 > Rescheduled to Friday, APR 23, 2021
- OCT 28 – Debutante Balls > Postponed to a TBD date during the fall of 2021
- NOV 5 – KUSO w/special guest Tiempo Libre > Rescheduled to Thursday, NOV 4, 2021
- NOV 8 – Maxim Lando, piano > Rescheduled to Sunday, NOV 7, 2021
- NOV 20 – Steep Canyon Rangers > rescheduled to Friday, NOV 19, 2021
- NOV 22 – Tetiana Shafran > Rescheduled to Sunday, NOV 21, 2021
- NOV 29 – The Hip Hop Nutcracker > Postponed to a TBD date in late November/early December of 2021
- DEC 14 & 15 – Charenée Wade Quartet > Rescheduled to Monday & Tuesday, December 13 & 14, 2021
- JAN 24 – Russian National Ballet: Swan Lake > Rescheduled to Sunday, JAN 23, 2022
- JAN 26 – The Simon & Garfunkel Story > Rescheduled to Tuesday, NOV 2, 2021
- JAN 30 – The Mayhem Poets > Rescheduled to Friday, OCT 15, 2021
- FEB 4 – America–50th Anniversary Tour > Rescheduled to Saturday, SEP 25, 2021
- FEB 6 – KU Wind Ensemble with Jens Lindemann, trumpet > This performance has changed to a virtual format. Ticketholders will be contacted with more information.
- FEB 14 – Rosanne Cash > Rescheduled to Saturday, FEB 12, 2022
- FEB 21 – Oliver Herbert, solo cello > Rescheduled to Sunday, FEB 20, 2022
- FEB 28 – Robbie Fulks > Rescheduled to Sunday, NOV 7, 2021
- MAR 2 – Prague Symphony Orchestra > Replaced with The Polish Philharmonic and rescheduled to Tuesday, MAR 1, 2022
- MAR 10 – Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis > Rescheduled to Tuesday, JAN 18, 2022
- MAR 22 & 23 – Emmet Cohen Trio > Rescheduled to Monday & Tuesday, NOV 8 & 9, 2021
- MAR 30 – Amir ElSaffar and the Two Rivers Ensemble > Rescheduled to Thursday, SEP 30, 2021
- APR 7 – Roald Dahl’s CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY > Postponed to a TBD date during the 2021–22 season
- APR 9 – Red Sky Performance: TRACE > Rescheduled to Friday, APR 8, 2022
- APR 11 – John Gorka > Rescheduled to Sunday, APR 10, 2022
- APR 16 – Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre > Rescheduled to Friday, APR 22, 2022
- APR 17 – The Westerlies > Rescheduled to Sunday, OCT 24, 2021
- APR 18 – SUMMER: THE DONNA SUMMER MUSICAL > Rescheduled to Friday, DEC 17, 2021
- APR 22 – KU Percussion Group with Thomas Kotcheff, piano > This performance has changed to a virtual format. Ticketholders will be contacted with more information.
- APR 23 – The Brian McKnight 4 > Rescheduled to Friday, NOV 5, 2021
- APR 25 – Sharon Isbin and Jessica Rivera > Rescheduled to Wednesday, FEB 2, 2022
- APR 30 – Amy Speace > Rescheduled to Sunday, APR 24, 2022
- MAY 4 – KU Jazz Ensemble I with the Mark Turner Quartet > Postponed to a TBD date during the 2021–22 season
Tickets for the originally planned performance dates will be honored on the rescheduled dates. If you prefer to receive new tickets with the corrected date and time, please contact the Ticket Office.
To download a printable PDF of the current Lied Center series calendar click below:
If you cannot attend the rescheduled date, please call the Ticket Office to resolve your ticket order with one of the following options:
- CREDIT your account for a future event.
- DONATE the value of your tickets (full or partial) to the Lied Center
- The impact of COVID-19 is significant to venues and artists. Donating the value of your tickets will assist in maintaining the financial health of the Lied Center and the performing arts in our community. The value also counts toward your 2021–22 Friends of the Lied donor level.
- REFUND your ticket. (The deadline to request a refund is 30 days after the originally scheduled performance date.)
Lied Center Ticket Office
Ticket transactions are available only by phone until further notice. The Ticket Office is physically closed for the time being, but there will be staff available by phone and email during the hours below. If you are experiencing long phone wait times, you can leave a message with your contact information, and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: When purchasing tickets, please make sure to provide current contact information so we can reach you about event changes, if needed.
- Hours: weekdays, Noon–5:30 pm
- Phone: 785-864-2787
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety
When we’re able to gather again inside the Lied, rest assured that the health and safety of our patrons, staff, artists and community will remain our top priority. Please see the current policies and procedures below related to health and safety.
- Tickets can be purchased only by phone until further notice.
- Online ticket sales will only become available again when the guidelines set by public health officials and the university allow us to lift social distancing restrictions and increase seating capacity.
- By purchasing tickets, you agree to adhere to the Lied Center and university policies that may be implemented based on the public health information and guidelines at the time of the event.
Coming to events:
- Seating capacity for events will be significantly decreased for the time being to allow for social distancing, with intentional space between groups.
- In accordance with the university’s current policies, face coverings/masks are required inside the Lied Center. Patrons and staff should put on face coverings before entering the building.
- Signs will be posted in the building to help direct foot-traffic and to provide instructions for social distancing onsite.
- If you are feeling ill (or have recently been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19), please stay home and contact the Ticket Office to resolve your ticket order.
- We will proceed with events only with the permission of public health authorities and the university.
Events, operational policies, the ticket sales timeline and Ticket Office hours are subject to change.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
We are truly grateful for your continued support, and we wish good health for you and your loved ones during these challenging times, and always. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!